amazon

Thursday 6 October 2011

Guitar Central Experience

We went to Southampton a couple of days ago just to unwind and spend time with the family.  We come across a new music store and it's called Guitar Central.  This is located just next to Maplin when you're headed towards Bargate on your left hand side.  We went inside the shop look around and check out the place, the ambience is quite nice and has a friendly atmosphere. It was also a good timing because I am planning to buy a guitar amp and this is the right place to go.

I have checked some of the amps there and saw Kirk Hammett's signature series Randall KH-15 and it caught my attention.  It looks cool but I haven't tried it or heard the sound of it, although I find the price affordable.  Also the guy there recommended to me a Hiwatt amp which looks decent and affordable as well.  Me and my brother wanted to have a Cajon (wooden percussion box) so I was trying my luck if they got one.  At the moment they don't have but they've attended to us very well.  They even took our contact info as well as giving us their card to get in touch once they got the item.

I have seen some good stuff there like Dean Dimebag's guitar.  It is rather huge, really massive for me, quite a big guitar for my height and size but Im drooling because it is really beautiful.  Also I have seen effects pedals, stompboxes and multieffects.  I am a fan of Digitech.  I own an RP55, which I am currently using and back home my mate lend me his RP300.  I have used Boss Distortion, Super Overdrive, Chorus, Hyper Metal and Metal Zone. There are stompboxes there which are the real deal, however, you need to collect at least 3 of them or more to get and balance your tone i.e. Chorus or Flanger for modulation, Distortion or Overdrive for Crunch then Reverb or Delay for ambience and then compressor, wah, etc. if need be which will accumulate prices.  I find that the prices of the instruments and other items are quite all right.

The last stop was a Yamaha electronic drumkit that was on a mini stage.  While we were stuck in front of this drumkit, a member of the staff approach us and said do you want to try? Well, my nephew, who's turning 6 this month was really keen on drums and I let him play the drums.  They were amazed to see my nephew playing the drums.  Although, Marco has not had any formal lessons, he knows how to play drums because I used to own a Music Studio back home in the Philippines called Sepra Music Studio and Marco used to come and watch myself or some bands practising.  It was a lovely experience for us to visit Guitar Central.  I hope we can come back there pretty soon and explore more of what's in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment