amazon

Friday 23 September 2011

Boss Super Overdrive

How this yellow stomp box became my favourite? During our early years in the band, my mate Louie went on a vacation in New York and there he purchased a Fender Precision Bass, which rather sound crispy.  He also bought two guitar effects with it and a hardcase for the bass, which is bulky and quite heavy as well.  The effects pedal were Boss Super Overdrive and Ibanez Flanger.  I am not into modulation effects during that time so I won’t be detailing more on the Flanger but instead the Super Overdrive.
I was learning Blues, Old school rock like Deep Purple’s Smoke on the water and Highway star, and this band called Eraserhead, which is known as the Beatles of the Philippines.  This is when I learn to love the Super Overdrive.  Less gain but more punch.  When doing lead or solos, it is really standout. 
My settings are’ Level at 12 o’clock, Tone at 1 or 2 o’clock and Drive @ 9 o’clock.  This always works in either rhythm or lead depending on the guitar volume you’re giving or switching pickups from single coil to humbuckers.
I also use Super Overdrive to boost my distortion pedal during lead.  Also when I am playing a clean tone and during lead, I will give it a good stomp and that’s it a well-delivered solo, neat and clean.  Until now I still love the sound and feel of this Yellow Monster thing called Boss Super Overdrive.


By:  VRB




No comments:

Post a Comment