amazon

Friday 3 February 2012

Generic Expression Pedal converted to a Wah Wah pedal.

My Digitech RP55 got a Whammy and Wah option with foot pedal switch input, so I decided to buy a generic expression pedal and try to use it as a wah wah pedal for my Digitech RP55 multi effects processor.  Good news/Bad news, it works but not quite as it should be.  There is sort of a polarity issue because the way the pedal function is the exact opposite of how it is intended to be if it was a proper wah pedal.  When you try to release meaning moving your foot upward, that’s where the wah goes on and then when you press your foot forward or down then it goes off so instead of pressing your foot downward to create the wah effect your doing the reverse.
Solutions:  First, I tried reversing the polarity by inverting the jack’s wire.  Nothing happened it was still the same.  Then, I found this sort of rotor inside and it came to my mind what if I reverse the polarity here but the question is which wire is it going to be coz there are three wires.  I just tried my luck and messed the wirings.  I did it, I managed to reverse the polarity.  I have the desired effect now for a proper wah. 
Lesson learned.  It’s better to buy the right one even though it is a bit expensive than the cheap ones and it doesn’t work properly and improvise or mess about the settings of wiring because what if it didn’t work at all or even if it did work, I can’t sell this one anymore or even the warranty because I already opened the pedal.  Buy the right stuff even though it goes with a price.

No comments:

Post a Comment