amazon

Wednesday 1 February 2012

how important USB audio interface is in home recording?

This gadget is super versatile, lightweight, portable, all-in-one, heaven sent...... etc. etc. all the nice things I could think of.  The famous Native Instrument's Guitar Rig Session I/O.  After I failed with the USB guitar lead, I bought the right one the perfect one and was also lucky to buy a bundle set to start my planned home recording using laptop.

Opened the box, and these were the content of santa's gift to me last 2009 xmas.... the Guitar Rig Session I/O.  Included inside are the hardware itself, the USB lead, CD installer for Guitar Session plus bonus Guitar Rig 4, Pop Drums and KORE player and especially added software Cubase LE4, which until now I haven't used coz apart from I don't know how to use it, this one is sort of a demo version so there's nothing much in it but just a taste of what is Cubase.

Key Features:  The hardware got 2 mono line/mic inputs with two separate volume control which also can be customized as stereo for left and right channels plus a line/instrument switch or commonly known now as Hi-Z or Low-Z button.  Monitor/earphone output with independent volume control and balance knob for L/R or 1/2 channel. Optional 48V Phantom power for mic input, the switch or button is located at the back of the hardware.   Stereo output, left and right channel also located at the back.

I have installed all the softwares but as I've said the Cubase LE4 didn't work for me.  Guitar Rig 4 is awesome couldn't say much but try and buy and explore, sound quality is as good as it gets. Real amp sound as well as effects.  Kore Player, I don't have the controller for this one but I got a MIDI keyboard and have tried this one, excellent.  Again sound quality is superb.  Pop Drums, also great but not impressive, I can say helpful for what I needed at the moment.  Native Instrument...... Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment