amazon

Friday 23 September 2011

Boss Distortion pt2

I remembered during the 90s era when we did a front act to a Philippine local band called “Yano” where I only had one guitar effects and it’s the famous orange stomp box Boss Distortion.
During that time, my band was Frozbyte and we are newbie in the world of Rock/Alternative.  We performed three cover songs that gig; Selling the drama by Live, Today by Smashing Pumpkins and Long Hair by another Philippine local group called The Weedd.
My set up that night was a borrowed Sunburst Lyon strat by Washburn which I always use or borrow from Louie the man, Boss distortion with settings of Tone at 12 o’clock, Level at 10 o’clock and Dist all the way up.  Then the amp that I used was a cabinet amp 4x4 but I couldn’t recall the brand and it was really loud and powerful that I can feel the air behind me everytime I strum or do powerchords.
Boss distortion did not fail me and until now I can vividly remember my experience during that gig.  This little orange stomp box is my hero and a legend, a truly old school rock gadget.

By:  VRB

No comments:

Post a Comment