amazon

Friday 23 September 2011

Lyon by Washburn Stratocaster

My first electric guitar package was Lyon by Washburn.  After a long battle of searching online and
reading reviews about guitar and which music store to buy, I have decided to
just go to the nearest music store in Southampton to look, try and then
hopefully buy an electric guitar.

I tried a couple of shops which were adjacent to each other,
tried to look at the guitars and was a bit shy to try one.  Because of my tight budget plus being the new
kid in town, I was really shy to test their guitar.  But then, I conquered my shyness and tried a
couple, and finally decided to buy this Lyon electric guitar by Washburn,
colour black bundled with gig bag, 10-watt Stagg practise amp, strap, 3
plectrums and 3-meter lead.

The guitar is superb, double humbucker bridge pickup, and
two single coil’s, 5-way toggle switch, 1 volume knob and 1 tone knob.  The action was fairly decent, but the sound
or tone quality was rather brilliant.
The store was clever coz I didn’t realize I was using a high-end
amplifier, which is not the one included with the bundle, not the 10-watt Stagg
practise amp.

After buying the guitar, I went home and hooked up
everything and tried using the practise amp, the sound was rubbish especially
using the built-in overdrive although, on clean tone, using the neck pickup, it
is performing well.  The one good thing
about this practise amp is the MP3 input as well as the headset output where it’s
easy and convenient to jam in my room.

If you’re interested of the sound of the guitar just click
on the link:  http://www.youtube.com/user/09mindthegap#p/a
I am using Lyon electric guitar by Washburn on most of the videos here.






By: VRB                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment